Thursday, October 16, 2014

Simone Weil and field of political science

Helen Kinsella has just published an introduction to Weil in the work  Émigré scholars and the genesis of international relations: a European discipline in America? Ed. Felix Rosch. Palgrave Macmillan, 2014.

In it she notes that Weil is not studied very much in the discipline of political science and not at all in international relations.  She  references my bibliography as  evidence for this assertion!

I do note that  that while I do not have much indexed under politics or political science,  there are over 150 items for Marx or Maxism.  When I did a search in the International Political Science Abstracts or PAIS I did not locate much for Weil, but when I did a search that included the fulltext through the database Political Science Complete I retrieved almost 200 works published between 1995 to 2014.  While a number of these are very brief references to Weil,  I am in the process of working through these and have so far added nine new records into the bibliography.

No comments:

Post a Comment